Rhino® 5 System Requirements
Rhino 5 runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:
- Dual or Quad Core 64-bit processor recommended
- 600 MB disk space
- DVD drive (or a high-speed Internet connection)
- 1 GB RAM. 8 GB or more is recommended
- OpenGL graphics card. Recommendations
- 3-D digitizer optional
- 3-D printer optional
- Rhino does run on Apple hardware with Bootcamp.
- Rhino 5 for Windows runs only on:
- Windows 8 (32- or 64-bit) - Recommended
- Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit) - Recommended
- Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit)
- Windows XP Home (32-bit) Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Pro (32-bit) Service Pack 3
- Rhino 5 for Windows includes both a 32-bit and 64-bit version.
- Note: Both are installed on 64-bit Windows systems.
Robust Internet connection is recommended
- Service releases are downloaded automatically
- validity of the license and product registration are simplified
- Rhino 5 does not run on Linux, or any other operating system not listed above.
- Rhino 5 will not run on Windows NT, 95, 98, ME, or 2000
- 64-bit Windows XP is NOT supported.
- Rhino 5 does not run natively on Mac OS X, but an OS X version is under development. Details...
- Virtualization systems on OS X such as VMWare and Parallels are not supported.
® Rhino is a registered trademark of Robert McNeel & Associates.