The Zoo 5
The Zoo™ 5 is a brand new version of the Zoo. Completely rewritten, Zoo 5 provides a number of new features not found in prior Zoo versions, including:
- Standard Internet Protocol Support - Clients communicate with Zoo 5 using HTTP (Port 80) protocol. This makes it much easier for system administrators to route Zoo requests on complex networks or even over the Internet.
- Firewall Friendly - Zoo 5 requires the client to periodically check with the server, but never initiates connections back to the client. Administrators no longer need to open firewall ports on client machines.
- Limited License Check Out - Prior Zoo version allows for license check out to support laptop users or for business travel. But there was no limit to the check out duration. Zoo 5 allows the administrator to specify the license check out duration.
- 3rd Party Plug-in Support - Prior Zoo version only maintained licenses for McNeel product (e.g. Rhino®, Flamingo™, Bongo™, Brazil™, and Penguin™). Zoo 5 allows 3rd party plug-in developers to add support for their products to the Zoo.
- Download and install Zoo 5 on a Windows - based server or workstation.
- Make sure TCP Port 80 is open on any firewall software that is running on the server or workstation.
- Launch ZooAdmin and add your Rhino 5 CD-Keys.
- Install Rhino 5. During the installation, select Network Node as your license type and specify either the host name or IP address of your Zoo server.
- If you already have Rhino 5 installed, then launch Rhino and pick Tools → Options → Licenses. Select your Rhino license and click Convert. Then, close Rhino and restart. At startup, select Network Node as your license type and specify either the host name or IP address of your Zoo server.
Rhino 4, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo are currently not supported by Zoo 5. If you have one or more of these products, you will need to use Zoo 4.
- A Windows-based system:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
- Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- A network connection configured for TCP/IP.
HelpZoo Help File Online
Zoo Support Forum
Zoo 5 - The license manager for Rhino 5 (Rhino 4, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo not supported).
® Rhinoceros is registered trademark of Robert McNeel & Associates. ™ Flamingo, Penguin, Bongo, Brazil and The Zoo are a trademarks of Robert McNeel & Associates