The Zoo 4
- Download and install The Zoo™ 4 on a Windows-based server or workstation.
- Install Rhino®, Flamingo™, Penguin™, Brazil™, and Bongo™ on any or all of the computers in your network as workgroup nodes.
- The Zoo is designed to work right out of the box - there is no configuring necessary other than adding your licenses (CD-Keys), and then configuring these products to run as workgroup nodes.
- From the Zoo Edit menu, select Add and type the CD-Keys.
- License key numbers (CD-Keys) are located inside the back cover of the application User's Guide or in the front of the CD case.
- Tip: Put all your CD keys into a text file with one on each line. Use File → Import to import them into the Zoo.
- Or, check in existing stand-alone licenses from Rhino's Tools menu, select License Manager→Check-in license.
- See the Zoo Help file for additional details.
- Rhino 5 is not supported by Zoo 4. If you have Rhino 5, you will need to use Zoo 5.
- Domain/Workgroup solution - The Zoo and all computers running the nodes must be in the same Windows Domain or Workgroup.
- Firewall open - If the computer running a node or the Zoo is using a firewall, be sure that UDP Ports 137, 138 and TCP port 139 are open. These are the same ports used by Windows File and Print Sharing.
- Rhino 2.0 or 3.0 Educational Lab License - The Zoo does not work with Rhino 2.0 or 3.0 educational lab license.
- Flamingo 1.1, Bongo 1.0, and Penguin 1.0 Educational Lab Licenses do not work.
- Rhino 2.0 or 3.0 on Asia Windows - The Zoo does not work with Rhino 2.0 or 3.0 on Asian operating systems.
There are no specila system requirements for Zoo to run. He can run on any windows server or workstation.
- The Zoo will run on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2000, 2003 and 2008 systems.
- The Zoo requires that the Microsoft C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) be installed on the system.
License Manager Troubleshooting
Zoo Installation and Configuration Guide
Zoo Product Compatibility
Zoo Support Forum
® Rhinoceros is registered trademark of Robert McNeel & Associates. ™ Flamingo, Penguin, Bongo, Brazil and The Zoo are a trademarks of Robert McNeel & Associates