The Zoo™ lets you share Rhino, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo licenses (CD-Keys) among users on the same network workgroup. When these products are installed as the workgroup nodes instead of stand-alone, it works like this:
- When a workgroup node starts, it requests a license from the Zoo.
- An unused license is assigned to the node.
- When a node shuts down, the license is returned to the Zoo's license pool.
The Zoo is free!
- Download Zoo 5 for Rhino 5 (Rhino 4, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo not supported).
- Download Zoo 4 for Rhino 4, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo (Rhino 5 not supported).
Note: it is possible to have both Zoo 4 and Zoo 5 running on the same network, and even installed on the same server, without conflict.
- Free - The Zoo is a free download.
- No extra costs - Special versions of Rhino, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, or Bongo are not needed.
- No special hardware is needed - The Zoo will run on any system in the same network workgroup.
- No special software needed - The Zoo will run on any Windows system, including Windows XP, Vista, or 7, and Windows Server 2000, 2003 and 2008 systems.
- Simple setup - Install the Zoo on any system in the workgroup and type the license keys into the Zoo instead of the individual systems.
- Check out - License keys can be checked out so laptop users can disconnect from the network. The key can be checked in again when the laptop is reconnected to the network.
- Robust - Workgroup nodes will keep working even if the network connection or server is down, but workgroup nodes cannot start up without access to the Zoo.
- Routable - The Zoo works on both single-segments networks, or networks where systems are separated by routers.
- Multiple server - You can have more than one Zoo server running at a time, with each serving different clients.
- Mixed environment - A mixture of Workgroup Nodes and Standalone Nodes on the same Windows Domain or Workgroup is supported.
- Runs as a service - If you reboot the system with the Zoo, the Zoo will automatically start up.
- Download the Zoo free of charge.
- Install the Zoo on any computer in your network workgroup.
- Install Rhino, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo on any or all of the computers in your network as workgroup nodes.
- Note: For routed networks, see the Zoo Help for details.
- Configuring The Zoo 5 - The license manager for Rhino 5 (Rhino 4, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo not supported).
- Configuring The Zoo 4 - The license manager for Rhino 4, Flamingo, Penguin, Brazil, and Bongo (Rhino 5 not supported).
Visit this wiki page for troubleshooting tips.
® Rhinoceros is registered trademark of Robert McNeel & Associates. ™ Flamingo, Penguin, Bongo, Brazil and The Zoo are a trademarks of Robert McNeel & Associates