Bongo 2.0 - Animation for designers
Bongo 2.0. More power to animate in Rhino.
- Powerful newtimeline and curve editor
- Save multiple animations per file.
- Control hundreds more parameters with the new keyframe editor and improved tweening.
- Create architectural animations from named views.
- Animate mechanical systems with the new IK engine.
- Use the powerful new expressions.
Fully Bongo 1.0 compatible - and just as easy to use.
- Just drag and drop to create animations in Rhino.
- No losing valuable time changing between programs.
- Preview inside Rhino, in real time, in any shading mode.
- Render to video using any compatible renderer.
® Rhino is registered trademark of Robert McNeel & Associates. ™ Bongo is trademark of Robert McNeel & Associates.
- Forward Kinematics - Moving, Rotation, and Scaling
- Constrain objects to curves.
- Force objects to look at other objects.
- Look-Along constraints.
- Viewport keyframing.
- Constrain viewport camera location and target to path.
- Automatic and user-defined acceleration and speed.
- Hierarchical relationships between animated objects.
- Render to single frames or AVI using any Rhino compatible render plug-in.
- Real-time preview in Rhino viewports using any shading mode.
- Timeline scrubbing in any shade mode.
- Industry standard-like timeline interface.
- Drag and drop keyframe manipulation.
- Animation mode button allows easy input of keyframes just by dragging objects.
- All animation data stored with the 3dm file - no need to import or export.
- Controller objects.
- Dockable interface.
- No special system requirements beyond what is needed for Rhino.
What is new
What is new
- Work with longer animations using the improved timeline.
- Improved tweening controls with curve editing
- Create multiple animations per file.
- Animate hundreds more parameters including materials, environments and textures using the powerful new keyframe editor.
- Quickly set up architectural animations using the named view animation wizard.
- Object morphing
- Layer animation
- Sun study animations
- New video texture
- Support for new video formats
- Create complex and powerful mechanical systems and solve them using the new Inverse Kinematics engine.
- Expression editor.
- New powerful 64-bit version for Rhino 5.0.
Mode details on bongo.rhino3d.com
System Requirements and Recommendations
Bongo has the same minimum system requirements as Rhino 5.
Rhino 5 for Windows runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:
Note: Apple hardware is supported only with Bootcamp.
- 1 GB RAM. 8 GB or more is recommended
- DVD drive or an Internet connection for installation
- 600 MB disk space
- OpenGL 2 capable video card recommended
- No more than 63 CPU Cores.
Note: Both 32- and 64-bit versions are installed on 64-bit Windows systems.
- Windows 7 or 8 - recommended
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (32-bit only) Service Pack 3
- Service releases downloaded automatically
- License validation and product registration is simplified
- Windows NT, 95, 98, ME, or 2000
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Mac OS X, but an OS X version is under development. Details...
- Virtualization systems on OS X such as VMWare and Parallels
Bongo 2.0 beta program is over. You are invited to try the evaluation version. Details...
Rhino 3.0 or 4.0 is required...
A few new commands, a few dozen bug fixes, and Rhino 3.0 and 4.0 support. Download...
A suite of additional commands to give you greater control over keyframe manipulation. The tools are updated regularly, so check back often. Download...
Tools to allow C++ Rhino plug-in developers to code Bongo specific commands. Includes complete source code for the Bonus Tools. Developers only. Download...